Monday, February 13, 2012

Why is Eleanora so excited?

Well, I got the job. Not a job but the job I wanted. I sign papers tomorrow and I'll start working later this week or next week. I went to see the agency about mentoring with an interpreter. I had no hopes of being hired, just doing some mentoring...but I really impressed them!

I now am a freelance sign language interpreter for an interpreting agency.

EEPS!

Now this may sound silly but you have ti understand, I graduated in June of last year. Afterwards, I had a few interpreting gigs but not much because I couldn't do much...because I needed surgery. I finally had surgery in November and now it's working out. :D [Yes, I'm still working on my bachelor's in Sign Language Interpretation. in Ohio, You aren't required to have a degree to interpret. Sad but true.]

I can't believe it. They said I don't need mentoring and I'm ready to get out there and do it. I'm proud of myself and that doesn't happen often.

No comments:

Post a Comment