Sunday, July 17, 2011

Introducing...Frankie the FrankenKenner.

Recently, I did something a bit crazy: I bought a Kenner in terrible shape that only has blurry photos on the listing. Somehow, she was still charming enough to purchase. I wasn't sure how she'd clean up because I wasn't sure of exatly what she looked like...

Before

After she arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. While her legs and body were a hot mess, her face is nothing short of fantastic. I took off the pink 'body' and found a block of wood, no arms or legs, and 5 nails that needed removed. Much to my surprised, I was able to remove the 5 (yes, FIVE) nails that help a block of wood to her upper torso. It took a little work but thanks to the most generous Marilyn (emptynest) and the friendly Jen (Genova), she now has a fully Kenner body. She's made of around 6 different Kenners. Her arms and legs gave me a good fight but finally gave in and now fit her perfectly.

The Evolution of Frankie.

Frankie's hair still needs work but she's come a long way and I couldn't be happier with her!

Introducing...

Off to sew for my (hopefully!) soon arriving Middie Blythe,
Becca/Blythetastic!

1 comment:

  1. I remember seeing her on Ebay - you have done a fabtastic job on her! She looks so much happier now! :)

    ReplyDelete